Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My FIRST UPDATE in FOREVER!!!!!!!

SO its been forever and I have had such a wonderful time! Right now I am in the wonderful Ouagadougou and enjoying Pizza and raviolli du crevettes YUMM!!!!! ( btw that was shrimp ravioli) but I have so much to say...so much so that I dont know where to begin.
But let me tell you a little bit abou the beautiful Matiacoali. Thats the village in which I live located in the Gourma region of the East of Burkina! Its BEAUTIFUL! Imagine Fern gully with LOADED mango trees! Its really something beautiful to see. The other day I saw the bird from THE LION KING! I believe his name was Zazu! But its just green and lush and warm but not miserable! Also there are MONKEYS and LIONS! Wow...sounds like Im in Africa or something. Oh YEA I am! and I jokingly say that but in reality I do have to reality check myself from time to time to really remember where I am!
Also everyone here is really great! Talk about Southern hospitality... Its wonderful but Burkinabe hospitality is above and beyond! I hope I can post some pictures right now! I dont really feel like saying too much more now but this evening when Im really retrospective perhaps I will try again LOL.

2 comments:

  1. Devin! I LOVE YOUR BLOG! You take me there with your amazing descriptions and I can feel your heart as you write about this whole adventure. Congratulations to you. You faced your fear, stepped out of your box, and have opened up a whole new world for yourself. I am certain that you have already touched the lives of others....Count mine as one!
    Stay strong, healthy, and happy!
    Mary (PCV Mom...Evan Johnson)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Devin and thank you for bringing so much joy to the other PCV's with your beautiful voice. Our hearts know no distance.
    Happy New Year! Love, Mary
    (PCV Mom, Evan Johnson)

    ReplyDelete